It's hard to tell what information is real or not
concerning the upcoming film X-Men
3. First we lose not one but two directors, then we hear
of a crappy X-Men 3 script that is not really the X-Men 3 script.
Since then we have received tons of scoops that just weren't true, or were
only true if Ratner had decided to use the 'old' X-Men 3 script.
The only assurance we have had that X-Men 3 could possibly still
be good is the casting for the film. With actors such as Kelsey Grammer
and Vinnie Jones hopping on the project, it does show a little faith for
a franchise that looked close to death. However, it does not clear up any
confusion of what exactly is going on with X-Men 3. Do mutants
die? Do we get to see hot mutant sex? Is this the last X-Men? Let's see
what Wizard Magazine seems to think.
X-Men 3 Info
In an article from Wizard
Magazine, reposted by Joblo,
they attempt to cover all the elements to X-Men 3 that we should
know. The only problem is that I don't know how many of these facts are
a sure bet, so just assume that the following list is things that are 'most
likely' to happen for X3.
- In terms of the story, with Ratner on board, fans can expect a love story between Storm and Wolverine, at least three mutant deaths and a theme that revolves around a "mutant cure" developed by Warren Worthington to cure his son-- the high-flying Angel.
- According to producer Avi Arad, if he "were a betting man....yes, you will see Phoenix in this movie."
- Halle Berry is back as Storm and fans can expect a larger role she's been asking for since the first film.
- Hugh Jackman is also a producer on this film
- Alan Cumming's Nightcrawler character will not be back
- The new mutants include Beast (Kelsey Grammer), Kitty Pryde, Angel and Gambit-- not clear whether or not the latter character would be on Xavier or Magneto's side
- All of the new characters will have shortened origin arcs or retellings, but the biggest secret origin will lie within the current roster: what Xavier did to Jean Grey the first time they met (and why Magneto was there), as well as the history between Juggernaut and Xavier.
- Former soccer pro Vinnie Jones will play Juggernaut (I love Jones, but this has got to be one of the worst casting decisions of all-time...does anyone know what Juggernaut looks like?!?)
- The current script does "reportedly" contain a short scene of Iceman and Kitty Pryde training in a World War II scenario inside the X-Men's famed training facility called the Danger Room (it can recreate any environment).
- Arad says that fans "may" see more Colussus, but Daniel Cudmore (the actor who portrayed him in X2) may not be cut out for the bigger role.
- Release date: Memorial Day weekend 2006. Begins shooting: August 2005.
- The film will not be rated R, it will be rated PG-13, just like X-2
All of it sounds pretty good, but I do have to
admit that I would be pretty disappointed if they can't get Daniel Cudmore
to keep with the project as Colussus, as he was one of my favorite new characters
in X-Men 3. To check out the whole report, go to Wizard
For more movie info and synopsis, go to the X-Men 3
Stay tuned for updates.