No, you can’t disagree with my list, nor can you comment on what an idiot I am for having a particular movie on this list. This is my list and my list only. It is the 10 movies that I am anticipating most this year. Here they are in reverse order:
And the Top 10 Are...
10) Spider-Man 3 – Ok ok…pretty cliché but most of you would have it higher than 10. Spidey 2 was pretty damn good. In fact, it one of the few sequels better than the original.
9) Balls of Fury – A comedy about Ping Pong? Who isn’t going to see that?
8) The Bourne Ultimatum – You have to admit, Matt Damon is on a little bit of a run lately with decent movies. The first 2 films in this series were pretty damn entertaining and they usually take place in cities I would rather be in and with chicks I wouldn’t mind being with.
7) Reno 911: Miami – Shame on you if you have never seen them on Comedy Central. With no censors, this is surely going to go down as one of the funniest movies of the year.
6) Fred Clause – Looks like it has Vince Vaughn pay dirt all over it. Throw in the likes of Paul Giamatti and you have the holiday’s surprise hit of the year. You heard it here first.
5) Hot Fuzz – If you haven’t seen Shaun of the Dead, go see it. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are simply genius. The two team up again in this guaranteed hilarity. You gotta love the Brits.
4) Transformers – Not since I was 6 have I been so excited to see Optimus Prime do his thing. This time I won’t get yelled at for being aroused.
3) Live Free or Die Hard – Mclane is back. From the Nakatomi Plaza to NYC, Bruce Willis has always delivered the goods in this series. There’s no reason to think that this will be any different. Even though it opens on my birthday, it’s probably the only movie on this list that I will be there on opening night (barring the #1 on this list).
2) Ocean’s 13 – Yes, Ocean's 12 slouched a bit but with the cast back and intact, I’d be hard pressed to find any guy 18-35 who is not going to see this movie in theaters. Face it, you want to BE George Clooney and Brad Pitt in these rolls as much as I do.
1) 300 – The Battle of Thermopylae + Frank Miller = the number one most anticipated movie of the year…hands down.