By Ryan Parsons | Image property of respective holders.
After the Weisz rumor was debunked yesterday I figured that would be the last we heard about Terminator 4 for a while. You know, like a week or so. That is not the case, however, as IGN has caught up with James Middleton and got him to spill some new tidbits about Terminator 4, which we should start calling only Terminator.
Halcyon Co. Purchases Terminator
Here is what we now know about Terminator 4:
• Though no director just yet, the script will be written by Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato -- the same duo that wrote Terminator 3.
• The Halcyon Company, who owns the rights to the franchise, will produce this installment.
• Pre-production should begin in October in order to catch a 2009 release.
• Terminator 4 will follow a recent trend of not adding a number to a sequel's title. The film will be called Terminator: [Rest of the Title Here]. Since the film will take place after the apocalyptic events featured in Rise of the Machines, my guess would be Apocalypse.
• Though both John Connor and Kate Brewster are in the script, it is unknown if Nick Stahl and Claire Danes will return. Yes, it will be cheesy having yet another actor playing John Connor, but there is a solution for that as well.
• In this installment, Connor won't be the title character. T4 will follow a new hero.
• It is hoped that T4 will kick off an entire new trilogy in the Terminator franchise.